Wednesday, August 15, 2012

 Siaka is our groundskeeper at the mission office.  He cut the bananas from the trees behind the office and put them in a bag.  They will rest in our office utility room until they ripen.  Yum!


The birthday boy on his 63rd.  We went out to eat at the Crown Xpress restaurant and had a pepperoni pizza and a philadelphia sandwich.  They were delicious and totally like home ... a nice surprise.  Marlene had a present wrapped up in a bandanna for me.  It was nuts, salsa and candy.  We watched a movie and had ice cream and chocolate chip cookies.  It doesn't get any better than that.  Marlene asked if I ever thought I'd celebrate a birthday in Africa.  I truly never thought I would, but here we are.


Elder and Sister Lauritzen having our lunch break under the banana trees behind the mission office.  (Sister Roggia took the picture)


No comments:

Post a Comment